Phoenix Legend

Author Topic: Phoenix Realm Help & FAQ  (Read 2966 times)

Elena

• RoyalStaff
  • Forum Nobility
  • If you say so
    • Trillian account- talmik
    • YIM account- the_saintly_kitten
Phoenix Realm Help & FAQ
« on: September 19, 2015, 12:48:06 AM »
What is this site?
We are a role play chat, similar to games like Dungeons & Dragons (but without stats/dice) where you develop your characters and stories by playing them out. You create your character, pick a race, find a job, and develop background, actions, emotions, personality, etc. You can grow and develop your character by interacting with other players and participating in plots- or making your own!
There is also a bit of out of character chatting going on as well. You can tell if a person is out of character (or OOC) simply by the way that they put OOC in front of their sentences/posts. We ask that everyone do this so that it isn't so confusing to who is in character and who isn't.

You can get started by registering for an account HERE.
(These forums are supplemental to the chat, and are *not* where most of the role playing actually takes place).

I made an account. How does this work?
There’s a lot of information you can find here: current news, help tips, weather report, and the current Moon.
-- You’ll also be able to select which character you want to play from the drop down. Pressing Enter will take you into the main chat
-- Only have one character right now? You’ll be able to add new characters to your account once you log in to chat.

How do I find a race, job, or character image?
-- Once you’re in the main chat, you’ll see a frame to your left. Click on the “Control Panel” button to expand it, and click on the “Settlings” button. You’ll be able to edit your character’s information here.
-- Some people in chat are available to make character images for you- or you can make your own! Just be sure it fits within the limits of the image rules: no bigger than 375 x 325 (or 325x375) pixels. You can also add a Thumnbail Image, which shows up beside your name in the user list. Thumbnails must be no bigger than 60x30 pixels
-- Also keep in mind that someone else may already have a reserve on a certain actor or actress. You can check the Art Guild section of the forums to see who what character mirrors have already been reserved.

All right, I have my character ready. Now what? 
The main chat itself may seem a little confusing at first, but it's easy to get the hang of.
New messages will appear on screen as they’re posted..
To send a post, write what you want and click on the "send" button.

You might want to start right off meeting with people from the realm that are already there, or you may just like to lurk around a bit to get the feel of what is going on. In order to tell who is in the same room as you, look at the bottom of the page in the current user area. In that you will be able to see who is in what room, what their job is and what their idle time is. Idle time is how long it has been since they last posted or checked for new messages. Your idle time will always appear at 0 for you though, being every time you click on send or get new messages it resets.

Whisper To
To whisper to someone is to talk to them privately. Write your message in the box; tick the person’s name whom you wish to speak to on the left and click on the whisper command. This sends them a message that is only between you and the other person.

How do I move from room to room?
At the top on the left, you will see a drop down list of all the rooms you can go in. By choosing a room in the "room list" box and clicking on the travel button it will move you from room to room. As a Traveller, you'll be able to access most rooms. However, there are some rooms that you wont be able to get into, because they're either privately owned rooms or reserved for higher positions within the realm.

I missed a message, how can I tell what was said? 
In the select command box you can choose 'Get last messages' and then choose how many old messages you want to see again. Then just hit the “Send Command” button. This is useful if you need to re-enter a room.

When do I move up in rank?
We ask that you visit the realm frequently, obey all rules, be helpful to new people when necessary, join or start quests, and basically make yourself useful when you can. In order to move up from Traveller, you need to look around the realm for a job, or role play your character in a certain way- perhaps as a villain or a merchant- to get a different title and a higher daily gold income.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 06:48:15 PM by Elena »